Known as Suwandel in Sri Lanka, this heirloom Fragrant Rice is renowned for its sweet aroma, rich flavour and light, fluffy texture. The name Suwandel is derived from the Sinhalese word suwandha, meaning scent.
This rice variety has been prized since ancient times and is traditionally enjoyed at festivals throughout Sri Lanka. With its great taste and high nutritional value, you too will have cause to celebrate when you choose this heirloom rice for your dishes, savoury and sweet.
How To Use:
1. Rise and drain 1 cup of organic heirloom fragrant rice
2. Add 2 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt
3. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat
4. Stir, cover and reduce to low heat
5. Simmer 20 minutes until water is absorbed
6. Let stand covered for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork
Store in a cool dry place
Ingredients: Organic Rice